I saw Ironman the other night with my dad. It was pretty good. I definitely like those superhero type of movies. I don't watch them repeatedly (like Enchanted, which I can never get enough of), but I am always eager to see them in the theatre.
The great part was hanging out with my dad. He's always been good at one-on-one time with his kids. When we were young, we had a chore chart and our favorite reward was when we did enough chores to get a daddy-daughter date. I specifically remember him taking JaNae and I (we had both done enough chores) to Rookie of the Year. I love that movie. We used to be able to quote every line...I probably still could, but I haven't watched it in years.
I don't know if this is normal for dads. I always thought it was, but maybe not. When Becky moved in with my family, all of us were out of town except for my dad (wierd, I know) and her, because she had to work. She said he came home one night and he asked her, "What should we do?" She said she had no idea what he meant. He ended up taking her out to eat and to a movie. She gushed about how great it was and she really felt like they had bonded. She acted like it was some super duper special occasion, but I was thinking "What's the big deal? He does that all the time." Apparently her dad never had. It was then that I realized for the gazillionth time that I have a pretty awesome dad.
No comments:
Post a Comment