Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Living Out of a Suitcase

That's my life right now. It's been a bit crazy over the past two months. In fact, it's been crazy over the past ten months, but just a different kind of crazy.

I am totally missing Tyson, but of the few days I have spent in San Diego so far, I rarely see him at all. He's such a hard worker and I am so grateful that he spoils me so much. I try to remind myself that I shouldn't be complaining at all...I mean, he was the one at my side 24/7 from September through January. Summers are just what we sacrifice for that. I am so lucky I was able to have a husband that could stay home and spoon feed me, carry me to the bathroom, cook, put on movies for me, dress me (on the rare occasion that I left the house), run all the errands and do all the chores, and whatever else in the world I needed or wanted! I really am surprised he had all that in him, but looking back I should have never doubted. He is truly awesome.

Sometimes I worry about the time we are spending apart. I just hope that neither one of us gets used to it! They say that absence makes the heart grow fonder, so I guess we will see.

I have at least had the luxury of company while I've been traveling, which is a nice change. Although I admit, I am somewhat of a loner and most of the time I do great all by myself. But day after day you start to find yourself going crazy. I think after finding himself an only child, my brother Taylor gladly welcomes me back for a while.

I am getting sick of my same old wardrobe. You can only fit so much in a suitcase and it's hard to plan for various climates. Today I had to raid my mom's closet for a long sleeved shirt because it was cold and rainy and I had nothing warm to wear! It all worked out, but it's just a little nuts sometimes. Hopefully we can get settled in a some point, and just as we do, I'm sure it will be time to move again. At least we will be moving back to our house at that point!

1 comment:

Mindi said...

I sympathize with you, I've been doing it for about a year now- we have a trailer full of stuff that I noticed we didn't have at first and now for some reason I can't even remember whats in it. It's amazing what you can live without!