For those of you who would like to know the real story behind our chaotic summer, you have just tuned in to the right place.
Tyson's company usually provides us with housing for the summers. This is such a huge relief to me and we always end up in decent places. This year however, he decided to work for a company that pays more, but does not provide housing. Tyson thought that sounded great. Wrong. I know he thought it sounded great because he was thinking, "Who cares? My wife will just take care of this anyway." Wrong again. I warned him that if he took this job, HE would be the one responsible for finding our summer housing. Well, for those of you keeping up with my other blog I pose this question- how do you think that worked out? You got it. Summer is halfway over and we are still homeless.
Tyson left Phoenix weeks before me to go to San Diego and the week I show up he says, "Do you think you can do me a huge favor and find us a place to live?" Ummm, excuse me? What have you been doing for the past weeks that you've been here? To which he replies "I've been really busy!" Oh, really? And finding a place to live was not on your priority list? Apparently not.
So, I left. That's the truth. That's why I ended up in Utah for a couple weeks. While I was there I miraculously came in contact with a girl subletting her apartment for two months. I called her, set up an appointment, and went to see the place when I got back. Done and done. We should be able to move in the first of July. In the meantime, thanks to our friends for putting us up. You are lifesavers.
Tyson really is a good husband, regardless of his lack of common sense sometimes. Just one of those moments that I feel like punching him.
So, now for my new complaint (because there is always something): Paying rent on top of our mortgage for a house we don't even live in. Boy, howdy am I excited for that!
No comments:
Post a Comment