Thursday, June 12, 2008

A Little Compulsive...

So, we are at our friend's cabin this week. We were gonna do some boating and four wheeling, but so far the weather has not cooperated. So, we have had various activities going on around the house to keep everyone busy and entertained. One of the main attractions for me is this 1000 piece puzzle. I hate the thing. I am so sick of staring at it, I just can't stand it. There are approximately 100 pieces left to finish, and you know they are the hardest pieces to fit in the whole dang thing. So why do I keep spending hours musing over the stupid thing? I just have to. Something inside will just drive me mad until the stupid puzzle is complete. I have a hard enough time walking away for a much needed break, so the thought of walking away from it for good would just cause me to have a breakdown, I'm afraid. I have this sick need to finish something that I start....whether I want to or not. In some cases, this is a good thing. I am very good at creating projects for myself and I almost always finish them. In the rare case that I don't, I always have a pretty good excuse. It really is probably a good trait to have, but this week, it is literally going to drive me crazy.

1 comment:

Mindi said...

I think you and Mike are related. Evidence- the missing fitzers out front of the house we're in. The look of determination on the third day was of kind of scary.