Saturday, May 24, 2008

Adventures in Breast Feeding and Diapers

Is it only me or does it bother anyone else when people blog about their babies or their children's potty mishaps or triumphs, particularly in detail? I mean, I am not a parent so I can't answer this but, is there really NOTHING better for you to share with your family and friends via cyberspace? I guess my biggest fear in having children is that there truly is not anything more exciting going on. Has life really gotten so mundane that feces are a go-to topic for you to share with the world? Spare those of us who are not there yet and at least trick us into thinking that there are more interesting milestones in raising chilren. Maybe life will change when I have a little one at home (and perhaps dirty diapers will be the most thrilling part of my day), but for those of you still tuning in at that point, please remind me that some things are better when they are not shared. Stories or comments about breast feeding (aka "nursing" for those of you who think you are being modest) fall under the same TMI (too much information) category.
For those of you with children/babies that have refrained from sharing these topics in child rearing, I praise you.

3 comments:

Ryan and Amy Nelsen said...

haha!! we saw a poopy picture of a baby and ryan was about to die!! he said that is the grossest thing ever!! why would someone put that online??? that definitely does not make him look forward to parenting...

Mindi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mindi said...

Sorry, that last deleted comment was me- what I was going to say was AMEN SISTER!- no poopy/nursing pictures on my blog.