It's crazy.
I have never understood these people. I feel like I am at the opposite end of the spectrum. I am the one holding onto whatever I've just moved past because I'm not really ready for whatever is next. Ok, so this wasn't true when I graduated high school, but where have the past 10 years gone?!
I think about my college days- those ended without me really even noticing. I know you're thinking, "Hello, stupid, didn't graduation tip you off?" but the truth is that was only the school days of college. The social days of college were over long before that.
Oh what I'd give to have the Disney days back. Those were the best ever. Even in the moment I knew life was to good to stay that way forever. I would literally leave work skipping and singing about how much I loved everything.
Days in New York, living in a apartment, feeling like newlyweds, our first house. All these things are passing me by so quickly as if I am watching the highlights take place in a movie no longer than 2 hours!
Now, I don't mention this because I don't love life now. I just have this overwhelming sense of how fast it's going. I feel like whatever is going on now may be ending and I won't realize it for a few more years. I don't even have kids yet to remind me of the time slipping by (one of my biggest fears).
I'm a nut case. I need to really focus on living in the now, but sometimes I just miss all the good times behind me.
1 comment:
I feel the same way exactly!
Post a Comment