Friday, July 25, 2008

Is it just me?


I have been wanting to take a trip to NY lately.  Every time I look at airfares I throw up just a little.  All I can think about was the best trip to NYC ever.  It was in 2002 over my 21st birthday with about 15 of my closest friends.  Most memorable moment?  Paying less than $120 round trip to get there.  On Jet Blue, which was the sweetest airline ever at the time.  I wouldn't know now because I can't afford to fly on that airline.  Bummer.  True, I lived in Florida where tickets to NY were cheaper, but these days you can't find anything that good.  Last week on a flight I told the two ladies next to me that I was just going to start saving for my own plane, because I think that in the end it will be cheaper.  Anyone want to go in with me?

Even more frustrating?  I remember getting home from that trip, sad that it was over, but excited to get back to work - and I paid about $2.00 a gallon for gas to get there.  Those days live only in my dreams now.  I know you all feel it.  Gas prices suck.  But I just dare you to come to California.  I am more and more thankful for our hybrid car every day.  Too bad we drive the heck out of it.  I remember the summer after I got my driver's license gas fell to 98 cents a gallon.  I now realize how awesome that is.  My dad gave me $10/week for gas money and I could almost get a full tank on that.  

Well, there's a lot to be said about our economy right now (I haven't even touched the housing market), but I am dreaming that I live to see better days once more.

1 comment:

Julie P. said...

I love the prices of gas in the pic! My other favorite is where regular is LOL, Plus OMG and Premium WTF. It is so true! My car cost me $14 to fill when I bought it 6 years ago, it now costs $45-ridiculous!!!