So, I always thought it was pretty cool that Ariel gets to flip her fins and hang out in the grotto all day,
But today as I was looking up information about Club 33 (Disneyland's exclusive and very expensive private club),

I came across these pictures:
Mermaid tryouts in the '60's for Disneyland Mermaids at the Submarine Voyage!

I want to be a mermaid for a day! I can't imagine what you would do all day basking in the sun, but it looks relaxing enough and at least these fishies have some company. A little girlie chit chat while working on my tan? I think I could manage.

I guess Disney may have been the first to do this but I know that there are underwater Mermaid shows now. You can check on out in Vegas, or if you want a real show, go to www.weekiwachee.com. Simply Amazing.
2 comments:
that would have been the best job ever.
Hey -
I've peeked in on you on facebook - through Angie's, I feel like I know someone famous! ~ anyway it was so fun to meet you and thanks again for tour guiding us through NYC, I found this blog through a comment on Mindy's blog - do you invite almost strangers to your other blogs? your life is so much more interesting than mine ~ anyway if you do send my an invite, I'd like to see them :) ovh@relia.net
Post a Comment